Donate Today or Tomorrow! You can give to Greenwoods today following the instructions below or you may specify a bequest to Greenwoods in your will. In either case, a charitable donation receipt will be issued at the time that Greenwoods receives the donation from you or your estate.
Country Grocer Save a Tape Program
Country Grocer donates a percentage of your total receipt to the Greenwoods Foundation. At the front of the store there is a plexiglass wall of boxes with the sign “Save the Tape Program”. Deposit your Country Grocer receipts into Box #119, labeled Greenwoods Foundation. Please tell your friends and neighbours’ about this easy way to support Greenwoods. Thank you to Country Grocer for this great Community Program!
Donate Online Securely
Donate using electronic bank transfers (E-transfers) to email@example.com
Use the “Donate Now” button to the left to make a donation by credit card or by PayPal. This link is secure and you will receive an electronic tax receipt by return for your donation.
Donate by Cheque
- To donate by cheque, make the cheque payable to The Greenwoods Foundation. Send the cheque to 133 Blain Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 1Z9. A tax receipt will be mailed to you.
Donating Publicly Listed Securities
- This method offers a significant tax saving opportunity while achieving your charitable donation goals. A charitable tax receipt will be issued for the market value of the securities on the date of receipt by the Greenwoods Foundation.
Donate Life Insurance
- This gift option allows for sizeable donations without significantly affecting your cash flow:
- Name the Greenwoods Foundation as the owner and irrevocable beneficiary of a new insurance policy and we will issue tax receipts matching your premiums.
- Transfer ownership of an existing life insurance policy to the Greenwoods Foundation. We will issue a tax receipt equivalent to the cash surrender value of the policy and you will receive donation receipts for any premiums you pay once the Foundation is the policy owner.
Donate Through Your Will
- To leave something to Greenwoods in your will, you should instruct your lawyer to add a clause into your will to establish the bequest. If you are comfortable, tell us about your bequest to make sure we understand how you want your gift to be used. If you would like to remain anonymous, we promise to respect your privacy.
Donate Gifts in Kind
- The Greenwoods Foundation is able to accept gifts of real property, artwork, antiques, and jewelry. Such gifts must be readily convertible to cash and must not have any associated continuing obligations.
We can work with you and your financial advisor to determine the most suitable type of donation for your situation. We encourage you to seek the advice of a professional when making this important decision.
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations over $25.00