Today or Tomorrow? You can give to the Foundation today or you may specify a bequest to the Greenwoods Foundation in your will. A charitable donation receipt will be issued at the time the Foundation receives the donation from you or from your estate.
Donating Online Securely
- Donations using Electronic Bank Transfers (E-transfers) can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate with Pay Pal if you wish to use your credit card
- Donate through “Canada Helps” by clicking the button to the left which affords you the opportunity to make a donation using our secure internet link to the Canadahelps.org. There you can make a donation using your credit card. You will then receive an electronic tax receipt directly from Canada Helps for your donation.
Donating by Cheque
- To donate by cheque, make the cheque payable to the Greenwoods Foundation. Send the cheque to 133 Blain Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 1Z9. This method of giving affords immediate benefit to the Foundation and the donor will be issued a tax receipt.
Donating Publicly Listed Securities
- This method offers a significant tax saving opportunity while achieving your charitable donation goals. A charitable tax receipt will be issued for the market value of the securities on the date of receipt by the Greenwoods Foundation.
Donating Life Insurance
- This gift option allows for sizeable donations without significantly affecting your cash flow:
- Name the Greenwoods Foundation as the owner and irrevocable beneficiary of a new insurance policy and we will issue tax receipts matching your premiums.
- Transfer ownership of an existing life insurance policy to the Greenwoods Foundation. We will issue a tax receipt equivalent to the cash surrender value of the policy and you will receive donation receipts for any premiums you pay once the Foundation is the policy owner
Donating Gifts in Kind
- The Greenwoods Foundation is able to accept gifts of real property, artwork, antiques, and jewelry. Such gifts must be readily convertible to cash and must not have any associated continuing obligations.
We can work with you and your financial advisor to determine the most suitable type of donation for your situation. We encourage you to seek the advice of a professional when making this important decision.
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations over $25.00